WHY A CONFLICT?
Conflict happens as a result of interest for value, political position, mineral resources presence, choice, or intention
WHAT IS CONFLICT?
It is a face-up between one or more persons. Reasons for any conflict are; interest, value, power, or/and common grounds.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT KINDS OF CONFLICT?
There are different types of conflict; crisis; contention or permanent separation.
They are as below:
- Union and Government.
- Cold War between country.
- Religious: Intrareligious, inter-religious
- Class and lots more.
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT AND RESOLUTION
Effective communication skills are the brain behind conflict management. It is the skills that are of utmost importance to prevent conflicts and make a permanent settlement.
WHAT TO DO TO UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES?
You will only succeed if you practice listening to what the other person has to say, without interrupting. To succeed you must do the following.
These are as follows:
- Being calm and aware of your emotions are vital aspects of conflict resolution.
- Be maintaining a positive attitude.
- Practice managing your emotions.
- You should never criticize anyone.
- Ensure you are not biased/partial.
An individual must not give his expert comments unless, and until he is very clear of what the other person wants/ the grounds of interest.
- Talk with the other person.
- Focus on behavior and events, not on personalities.
- Listen carefully.
- Identify points of agreement and disagreement.
- Prioritize the areas of conflict.
- Develop a plan to work on each conflict.
- Follow through on your plan.
- Build on your success.
SOURCE/FURTHER STUDY/REFERENCE: google.com