Freelance writing is basically writing for hire. This might be for other people’s websites, magazines, newspapers and books. You are paid for the word count. You do not own the rights to the finished product and, because you have been paid.
So make sure that you balance your time between writing for others and writing for yourself.
Freelance writing is an understandable way to earn some money for writing.
One needs to keep focusing on building his/her own assets, writing your own books and building your own brand.
You are to understand the why behind what you are doing. Start a blog, a podcast, a video direct or a social media account.
- Who do you want to attract?
- How can you educate/inspire/entertain them?
- What do you want your readers/visitors to do next?
- Subscribe to your email list or buy a product? and
- How does this contribute to your making a living?