WE ALWAYS LEARN MAGAZINE has sourced that the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) said, “There have been 1,709 suspected cases so far. The majority of the cases were recorded in the southern states of Ebonyi, Edo, and Ondo” while in the northern state it has also occurred in Kano and in China, Benin, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Sierra Leone, Togo and Nigeria, a great number of people have fear dead.
WHAT CAUSES LASSA FEVER?
World Health Organisation says, “Lassa fever is an acute viral haemorrhagic illness caused by Lassa virus, a member of the arenavirus family of viruses.”
Humans usually become infected with Lassa virus through exposure to food or household items contaminated with urine or feces of infected Mastomys rats.”
Lassa fever kills a total of 70 deaths have been recorded from 1709 cases, the latest outbreak in Nigeria, as the acute viral hemorrhagic fever continues to spread in the most populous African country, the local center for disease control said on Wednesday.
HOW TO AVOID LASSA FEVER?
- Avoid eating raw meal that not properly boiled.
- Avoid eating “suya”, some the paper used to rap it might be effected.
- Don’t drink “garri”, drinking raw it if effected by the disease effected rat, it will effect you.
- Wash hand with clean water.
- Don’t rob your eye, nose or ear with unclean hand.
- Avoid the effected area, persons with love.