COVID-19 PALLIATIVE DIVIDES NIGERIANS AS THEY SAW CONFLICT OF INTEREST
WHAT IS PALLIATIVE?
Palliative care according to WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION:
- provides relief from pain and other distressing symptoms;
- affirms life and regards dying as a normal process;
- intends neither to hasten or postpone death;
- integrates the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care;
- offers a support system to help patients live as actively as possible until death;
WHAT IS CONFLICT?
A conflict is a clash of interest for value or resource/power/gain. The basis of conflict may be different. It is always a part of society or a part of life. The opposite of conflict is peace.
The root of conflict may be intrapersonal, personal, racial, class, caste, political, community, and international. Conflict in groups or religions is often following a specific hidden course.
WHAT IS CONFLICT OF INTEREST?
“It is a situation in which a person or organization is involved. This might be in multiple interests, financial or otherwise, and serving one interest could involve working against another” WIKIPEDIA.
Nigerians have beginning to see COVID-19 pandemic as a fake, rumor, or alleging criminality on the political leaders.
The way and manner some of our leaders handling the deadly virus has been a shock in the minds of Nigerians. Only a few saw the case as real and deadly.
In my opinion COVID-19 IS REAL, EXISTS OR ALSO KILLS FASTER THAN ANY LIVING VIRUS EVER SEEN.