MEANING OF LEADERSHIP PITFALLS
A PITFALL IS STRATEGY DANGER OR TRAP SET BY THE DEVIL THROUGH CERTAIN HABIT, SIN, BACKSLIDING, UNSEEN SITUATION.
EXPERTS SAY, “A leader may commonly encounter three primary types of pitfalls: personal, organizational, and environmental.
Leaders may encounter personal pitfalls as they react to personal challenges faced while leading change, as they interact with others and express their leadership style.”
THIS IS TARGET AGAINST YOU, A CHRISTIAN FAITHFUL SO THAT YOU END IN SHAME AND DISGRACE.
According to the BBC dictionary, “The pitfall of a particular activity or situation is the thing that may go wrong or may cause problems later.”
Every Christian prays that he should end his faith well. According to an expert, D. W. Ekstrand, “Finishing well and staying faithful to the end is the goal of every Christian but this will happen by the grace of God.”
We have active enemies of Christ. The devil is the enemy of the believers. The devil is bent on causing the faithful believers to stagger.
It has become essential for a leader to equip with the knowledge well in advance to be able to recognize such issues and areas of a potential spiritual threat to avoid them.
PITFALLS IN LEADERSHIP:
The 5 common leadership pitfalls and how to avoid them are as follows:
- A Lack of Trust. Trust is key to a leader and his team. You must know that trial will come in the future. What will help you to be set free is when people that have entrusted leadership roles have seen that you are honest; you keep your integrity.
- You would be seen as a person that is trustworthy. They would be of the God you’re serving.
- Conflict Resolution Habitual failure. When the leader does not show concern for issue or tension in his fold, especially if the persons involved are closed.
- If didn’t make a peaceful settlement. Other persons will work against him.
- No Accountability. If he/she is not trusted with how to handle money, how to be accountable to his higher authority. people under him on how money was spent and detailed reports with persons witnessed the activities, else he will have serious problems.
- Broken Feedback. The details of what happened; increased profit or loss should be given to the team or the authority periodical.
- Receiving Gifts. Leaders should be very careful when receiving gifts from their members or outside Christian believers. According to a source, a pastor was in need of $300, or N108,000 requested a sister to assist him. In response, she told the pastor if you even need more it’ll be given to you but you must sleep with me. And when need more, you’ll receive as long you give me what I’d need in return! Sexual sins, the Bible says, “free from fornication.”
- Pride. It can lead leaders to self-down-fall, avoid it. Be broken, let God be glorified in all your doings; preaching, miracles, impacting persons in need or orphans.
DANGER OF THE LEADERS PITFALL
When you had fallen from any pitfall. It leads to the collapse of your ministry, scandal, unsettle home due to shame or disgrace, lack of cash, or fund to live on. There would be vulnerability attacks from public media, evil forces, which make the pastor or top Christian leader to backslide further in faith.
STRATEGY TO OVERCOME PITFALLS
- Study and learn more of pitfall, Read the book called, “God’s Generals” you will notice how some of the pastors; preachers were able to overcome pitfalls.
- Be a servant of God of prayer, it makes you draw divine strength, In Luke 22:40 Jesus told the disciples to pray not to enter into temptation and pitfalls.
- Avoid evil association, don’t join a cult, according to 1Timothy 3:5 it says, “There some that have the form of godliness but they have denied the power thereof.”
- When you have love of the world than God. The leader is man God sent a message. He should concentrate on the message. If his calling is about faith, he should be preaching it.
- Be determined not to go back to what you had earlier confessed. Depend on God at all times.
- When you are to counsel the opposite-sex, make sure your wife or husband is with you, the doors and windows must be opened properly.
WAR OF THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT AND FLESH
According to experts, your biological make-up must yield to satisfy themselves. The Bible says if you are in Christ, your body, soul, and spirit are long crucified from the day you gave your life to Jesus as your Lord and savior.
In Galatians 5:17 says, “For the flesh against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary to one another: so that you would not do the things that you would”
Most pitfalls of leaders were actually within their souls if they will be yielding or resisting the sinful nature.
I have experienced it before, what gave me the grace to overcome it was my wiliness not to go back to the world. When we backslid will become a mockery to the devil and unbelievers who are looking unto us. The people we are leading will become weak to continue in faith.
CAUSES OF BACKSLIDING
Backsliding, it means going backward instead of proceeding in the forward’s direction which is supposed to be your wish.
Some of the causes of backsliding are below:
- Temptation, for example, fornication/adultery, divorce, seduction, or abomination practicing.
- Wiles of the devil, like deceit, careless living, or occultism.
- False teaching, has led many Christians to step off from their faith in Christ to other gods.
- Perilous times are here; watch, so you will not be a victim of the danger of the end time.
- According to a seasoned preacher; Pastor E. A. Adeboye says that “Many men of God are departing from the faith. He said, even some Christian denominations that started on a Bible-based foundation have derailed. Also, he said, watch, and don’t fall for the trap.”
- Dealing with your weakness, it takes conscious painstaking effort. For example, if your weakness is money, you need to consciously resist any temptation to steal. Even if you have overcome it, still don’t relax, stay alert, the devil will continue to give you money illegally so that you can fall into the trap again. He’ll come to enslave you if you did accept it even if non-person noticed it.
BE PRAYERFUL AND CONTENTED LEADER
The moment you become a child of God; you have the Spirit of God within you. The temptation to commit just a little sin is a pitfall or a trap that the devil uses to get many Christians. He comes and tells you just indulge in a little sin. It will not hurt you. Be contented with what you have.
A trap can be a man to woman, food for the hungry man, money for the one is not contented with his own money.
James 2:10 says, “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offends in one point, he is guilty of all.”
In conclusion, to be able to overcome leadership pitfalls, here is what you should do. Become an exemplary leader; let your action overshadow your words.
Be a king-servant of God in love. Be a righteous leader, a righteous leader is joyful to his people.
Engage yourself into full-time ministry or write books, have a website where you preach and teach your niche to bless lives, depopulate hell, and expand the kingdom of God.
In the process, God could be a blessing to someone. He might lead someone to bless your ministry/calling. It provided you are doing His work from your heart.
Thank you, sir, madam, for your time and attention.
YOU ARE BLESSED BY THIS POST AND CONTINUED POSTING YOU ARE LED TO US, THANK YOU SO MUCH. GOD BLESS YOU RETURN IN A HURRY IN JEUSE’ NAME;
SOURCE/FOR FURTHER STUDY/REFERENCE: THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, RCBC REFRESHER COURSE, 2019/2020 EDITION, https://www.sharefaith.com/blog/2014/08/rise-fall-christian-leaders/