First love is commitment. It is a passion or zeal one’s put in something at the beginning. The experience one had in the past – that new experience you have when you newly got married. Your salvation experience, as you gave your life to Jesus Christ.
The experience you have when started a new school of your dream the love is the commitment. You can go hours or days without having more than a passing thought of your spouse, it shows you have lost it with him or her.
Why do I really know if I had lost my first love?
Sometime, one will know through the following ways below:
- You do not have a strong desire to spend time with your spouse.
- You don’t have a strong hunger for him or her.
- Spending time in prayer together.
- You are more concerned about those who are not your spouse and pleasing them.
- You tend to hold tightly to money and things, rather than being quick to give to meet the needs of your family.
- You hardly give sacrificially to your children and spouse as you were before.
- You rarely have a desire or burden to stay closed to communicate mutually.
- Accumulating and maintaining material “things” consumes more time and effort on your part than seeking after and the love of your life.
- You have broken relationships with a spouse that you are unwilling or have not attempted to reconcile.
- You are not long respectful or have a regard for your spouse.