WHO IS A VESSEL?
A Vessel unto honour is the sanctified life. He is a person who is separated unto the process of becoming like His Master pie.
Pastor E. A. Adeboye, in Open Heavens Daily Devotional that, “God has great need for loyal and trusted hands. He also said that, any vessel or a man that God would use must meet strict conditions.”
The Holy Bible, 2 Timothy 2:21 also revealed the kind of vessel God uses: “If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour or sanctified.
So, he would be useful for the master’s use, and prepared him unto every good work.”
Gbile Akanni, in his book, What God Looks For In His Vessel that, “Proved scripturally and beyond any shadow of doubt that in God’s army there is nothing like an emergency sanctification.
He also puts that, In order to usher a man into a leadership position. Neither does God follow human criteria such as good look, physique and academic acumen, but a good heart.”
WHAT DISTRACTS MAN FROM GOD IS HIS SINFUL WILL/EGO?
In view, God‘s plans from the beginning is to use a man as His vessel, an upright man, the selfless man or the sacrificial man. But man in crisis of living right because of his sinful nature became very far to Him.
Devil has over time planned complete separation to keep mankind in darkness from the Creator, God almighty through man’s continued unfaithful heart in the valley of sins without a show of remorse for it.
God is looking for a dedicated vessel to bear the burden of His work according to the way He has assigned him, not according to the way he the vessel pleases.
WHAT GOD LOOKS FOR IN HIS VESSEL HE USES?
Obviously, God gives every mortal of His hands, the grace, mercy and potential to be prepared for divine help for the assignment.
In agreement with my fathers’ in the LORD, on the man/vessel GOD LOOKS FOR IN HIS VESSEL HE USES must be:
- Blameless, life begets life through God’s mercy and grace.
- Humble and Honest; full of integrity.
- Pure in heart that is suitable the Master use; holy in thought and conduct.
- A man after His heart/ that so desiring in seeking His presence.
- Not live a hypocritical lifestyle/filthy habit.
- Sanctified/always looking unto God for His will to do more with no pitfall habit.
- A servant that God truly sent, not he sent himself in the fresh.
- Loyal for the Master. The pot in the hand of its master will never be in hurry.
- Patience for the set goal till it is achievable.
Pastor E. A. Adeboye, Open Heavens, April 16th, 2020, www.adeboyebooks.com
The Vessel God Uses; Gbile Akanni, What God looks for in His Vessel, 2nd edition 2004, page 7